It use to be really easy, you saw a someone you liked in a bar, you started talking to them, and you flirt a little, to show them that you are interested. Now the question is should you flirt online ?
Many of the same things work for online flirting that work for “brick and mortar” flirting and all relationships begin with successful flirting.
Flirting really is an art that requires oozing confidence without being OTT. If you go too far, they will label you “sluty” If you don’t go far enough, they will label you “wimpy”. So how do you achieve that point half way between slimy and wimpy and do it online without using eye contact or body language?
All you have is a computer an internet connection and membership in an online dating site, right?
1. Have fun! Be light-hearted, funny and entertaining. Make them eager to talk to you again. Flirting is playful.
2. Ooze confidence. Successful flirts have a positive outlook on life. You need to transmit the “feel good” factor. An optimistic attitude attracts the opposite sex like honey attracts flies.
3. Compliment them…and do it often and sincerely. Nothing opens doors like making them feel good about them self. They will want to spend more time with you and if they pay you a compliment say “thank you”. Do Not be self depreciating.
4. Listen…listen….listen. Pay attention to what they are saying and ask appropriate questions. Get them to open up and talk about them self. Make them feel like they are interesting and that you are interested in them. Works wonders!
5. Don’t be rude. Flirting does not include being sexually explicit nor taking offence if they aren’t responding to you. If they aren’t interested, take the hint and move on to the next prospect. If you get a lot of rejections, you should probably consider a different approach.
6. Send an email after you chat. This ranks right up there with sending a thank you note for a gift and it is vital to successful flirting.
Don’t try to go too fast. Flirting is the first step to a successful relationship.